Alysen Starko-Bowes is a movement educator I started working with after a major knee surgery a few years ago. I was so impressed with what I learned from her and how my body felt I wanted to share her with every equestrian I met.
Since then, Alysen and I started collaborating on a project we call Rider’s Seat Masterclass.
In this podcast we cover:
- Franklin Method
- sympathetic vs parasympathetic nervous system
- how we get the body to help the brain
- when we (and horses) are most able to learn
- how to read when the body has switched from sympathetic to parasympathetic in both people and horses
- exercise that you can do to help you tune in to the body and quiet the mind
- the difference between analytical thinking vs feeling thinking
We regularly have free classes so you can learn how to use visualized movement techniques we discuss in the podcast for yourself and for your horse.
You can check out the Clinic Horsemanship Facebook page for regular free videos to try or go to Rider’s Seat Masterclass if you are ready to dive-in deeper and improve yourself and your relationship with your horse.
If you are interested in learning more about Imagine-Movement, which combines Franklin Method movement with intuitive development, go here: www.imagine-movement.com